Re: [Evolution] After Ubuntu 64bit 18.04 LTS fresh migration, Evolution launching process takes too much time

On Wed, 2019-08-28 at 15:43 +0200, antoine chevrier wrote:
The problem appears under the default 18.04 LTS ubuntu environment
(gnome-shell).

        Hi,
okay, in that case the problem will be elsewhere than what I thought of
with KDE + MATE.

Humm ... "with debug information for", I'm not sure to understand.

I suppose (I do not use Ubuntu), from Ralhp's links, you may install
evolution-dbg and evolution-data-server-dbg packages.

Then open a text terminal, .../... run this command:
$ sleep 15 && gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" -pid=`pidof evolution`
&>bt.txt
.../... start Evolution

bt.txt return content is only this: "Illegal process-id: pidof
evolution."

Hmm, either your text shell did not interpret `pidof evolution` as a
command, or you typed it with apostrophes, while those are not
apostrophes (I do not know the name for that character, it's usually
located, on an en_US keyboard, on the same key as a tilde (~), beside
number '1' and above tabulator keys. When written that way, the text
shell may execute that command and return its value, instead of keeping
it as a text. An alternative notation, which works with bash, is:

   -pid=$(pidof evolution)

Yes, I can move it

Good, then the whole GUI shell is not stuck, which means you might be
able to switch to the text console while evolution is starting.

        Bye,
        Milan