Re: [Evolution] Mark as read in message filter

On Tue, 2019-08-20 at 14:13 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
Perhaps it's a bug. Perhaps no one has ever tried to have that many
conditions before.

Try splitting the conditions into two rules - or better, twelve rules
(that's assuming the conditions are 'OR').  If it works with fewer
conditions, then file a bug - silently doing the wrong thing is a
bug.

        Hi,
I'm not aware of any limit in filter conditions. I even do not know
what it would be, there's no fixed size array there, it's just a list
of conditions to satisfy all or at least one of them. There's similarly
a list of actions to do when the condition(s) are met.

I just tried it here (current development version, after 3.33.91
release). My rule was "any of the following conditions" are met for a
specific POP account. I added 35 "Sender contains" and the last
satisfied my test message sender. The actions were "Set Status Read",
"Move to Folder On This Computer/Inbox/sub/..." , "Stop processing". I
added it as the first filter rule,  but I tried also when it was the
last with no difference. The message had been received, marked as read
and moved to the destination folder - as read. That was a regular
folder, if it makes any difference (not that search folders could be
selected as a destination).

That said, it works for me. With the past years experience, it doesn't
mean much. There are plenty of bugs which users face, but when I try it
works fine on my side.
        Bye,
        Milan