Re: [Evolution] Mark as read in message filter

On Sat, 2019-08-17 at 17:22 +0100, Mark @ StantonCentral wrote:
Thanks for that Andre,

The first link is very useful, I get a 404 with the second one.

Both are also in the Evolution Help that comes with every copy of
Evolution:

 Help->Contents (or F1)
  Mail Management -> Sorting and Organizing Mail -> Using Filters
  Common Mail Questions -> Mail Filters are not Working

The first link points out (in effect) that "mark as read" should be
applied before "move to folder", which I didn't know.  I have, however,
changed my filters to mark the message read before moving it, and they
still arrive in the new folder as unread.

I know you said "Mark as Read" doesn't work on its own, and I'm sorry
to press you on it, but are you sure?  It certainly works for me and
others.

Not only is that not very intuitive, but it's allowing the user to do
something worthless, without warning.

You can be assured that if such checks were put in place, it would take
a day or so before someone complains that it's not letting them do what
they want to do.

I imagine the programming to prevent making this combination available
might be ugly, but...

Please feel free to file an enhancement request in git.gnome.org - and
if you do, please link to it from this thread so others in the future
can easily find it.

P.