Re: [Evolution] Mark as read in message filter

I know you said "Mark as Read" doesn't work on its own, and I'm sorry
to press you on it, but are you sure?  It certainly works for me and
others.

In fact it seems that some of the rules are correctly marking mail as
read, but certainly one particular one isn't. The delay in replying to
you was because I was waiting for more mail to come in to confirm or
deny my theory.

OK, so "Set Status Read" *is* working, just not for that particular
rule.

The rule that definitely isn't marking messages as read has 13
conditions, 12 matching senders one matching a recipient, and then sets
status, then moves it, then stops processing. It's doing everything
except the marking as read.

That feels like a lot of conditions, do you have other filter rules
with that many? I don't know if there is some limit.

I don't think you've ever said what sort of account it is - IMAP, POP,
EWS? Is it possible that another mail client could also be affecting
the mail?

Ultimately you will need to turn on the filter logging to see what
Evolution is really doing. Details on how to do that are in the help or
at

https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-filters-not-working.html

If you can't work out from that what's happening then sanitize the log
to remove personal information and upload it to somewhere like pastbin
so that others can have a look at it.

P.