Re: [Evolution] Problems with Contacts (and Calendar) in Evolution version 3.32.4

Hi, Milan,

thank you for your efforts. I think you're right. Either there is a
problem with the current flathub version under Linux Mint 19.1 or there
may be a permission problem. I just don't have the time to keep dealing
with it. I had installed this program version on several PCs. The
problems were very similar, although the installations were not
completely identical. Sometimes there were crashes with the address
book, sometimes with the calendar.

Meanwhile I have installed the Evolution version from the official
Ubuntu package on all these PCs. This is only version 3.28.5, but so
far everything works fine. I have not noticed the problems with this
version that are sometimes cited on the net. Another advantage is that
I am very familiar with the file structure.

I had tried to copy the address book in the form you mentioned. This
worked, but the import of this file into Thunderbird was incomplete. In
the Evolution version I now installed it worked fine.

As I said, I want to use the program for daily work. This seems to work
now. Unfortunately I don't have time for further experiments. But
thanks again for your help.

Best regards

Tsak