[Evolution] Problems with Contacts (and Calendar) in Evolution version 3.32.4

Dear all,

I had been using Evolution for several years after I started to work with Ubuntu in 2005. Now I would like to return to this program since I am deeply impressed by its current setup.

Currently, I have installed the version 3.32.4 under the operation system Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon. The emails are working fine but I have some problems with Contact and Calendar. First, I had transferred both from Mozilla Thunderbird to Personal but they often crashed.

I think I could solve the problem with the Calendar after I copied it to a new Calendar named KH besides the Personal one. It still crashes sometimes but very rarely. The dates are correctly included in the To Do list of the Mail window as it should be.

But the Contact list generally crashed after starting the Evolution program even though I have built it completely new. Introducing a new contact list besides Personal under the name KH did not work. Both lists crash after a new start of the program. The error messages are as follows:

The files in my home folder .var/app/org.gnome.Evolution/data are as follows:

When I restore previous day’s version of Evolution after the early morning crash, everything works for most of the day, but the problem returns immediately after a new start of the Evolution program. In other words, I cannot work with this program as long as this error exists. I hope you can help me. Maybe I have made a mistake while installing the program.

Another problem in this context is that I did not find a way to save the Contact list and the Calendar independent of the rest of the program, so that I could install Evolution completely new. I have already invested a lot of time by building up a new contacts list that is now very clean of mistakes, different from the one I have under Thunderbird. I don‘t have this list anywhere else on my computer, only in Evolution.

Hoping to hear from you.

Best greeting

Karl-Heinz Krämer (Tsak)