Re: [Evolution] [Evolution 3.28.x] ews calendar backend error - "ErrorAccessDenied" / "Access is denied. Check credentials and try again."

On Fri, 2018-09-14 at 10:50 +0200, Torsten Krah wrote:
Any ideas? It seems there is some entry in the calendar I am not
allowed to read,

        Hi,
with the given information by you I'd say the same.

although I don't have an idea how to configure that
and if this is happening - can evolution please skip that entry which
failed and rerequest the ones the server skipped?

There's one thing confusing. You said you have one such event, but the
log showed multiple of them. Does server return wrong answer or it's a
copy&paste error, or there are more such events?

I wonder why evolution 3.10.4 does not bail about that.

It didn't do so much error checking as the newer does, I believe. Feel
free to file a bug here:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-ews/issues/new
thus there is some history behind the change.

I'm always unsure whether it's a good idea to silently ignore errors,
I'd prefer to know when something goes wrong, but maybe there are cases
which are valid, like this Access Denied error. It means that some
event is missing and I'd say OWA/Outlook also has that one missing, but
as you cannot access it it's pretty hard to guess what the event is to
verify that. Maybe if you try the curl command with credentials from
the calendar owner it'll show you what the event it about.
        Bye,
        Milan