Re: [Evolution] [Evolution 3.28.x] ews calendar backend error - "ErrorAccessDenied" / "Access is denied. Check credentials and try again."

Hi Milan,

answers inline.

Am Freitag, den 14.09.2018, 09:27 +0200 schrieb Milan Crha via
evolution-list:
 Hi,
if some work and some not, then it looks like the respective user
removed you the Permissions to view the calendar.

Definetly not, I've got the permission to view the calendar itself.
Double checked with OWA, Outlook and also Evolution 3.10.4 - its works
even in the latter one without that error.

 I know you said the
OWA/Outlook doesn't claim, but it's what I'd think of as the starter.

Being it an issue with your credentials, you get a 401 response from
the server, not 200.

Should be, but the log messages I've posted are from a request which
was answered with HTTP 200.

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"; xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>;
  <SOAP-ENV:Header>
    <types:RequestServerVersion Version="Exchange2010_SP2"
xmlns:types="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types"/>;
  </SOAP-ENV:Header>
  <SOAP-ENV:Body xmlns:messages="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages";>;
    <messages:GetItem xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types";>;
      <messages:ItemShape>
        <BaseShape>IdOnly</BaseShape>
        <IncludeMimeContent>false</IncludeMimeContent>
        <BodyType>Text</BodyType>
        <AdditionalProperties>
          <FieldURI FieldURI="item:Attachments"/>
          <FieldURI FieldURI="item:Categories"/>
          <FieldURI FieldURI="item:HasAttachments"/>
          <FieldURI FieldURI="item:MimeContent"/>
          <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:UID"/>
          <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:Resources"/>
          <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:ModifiedOccurrences"/>
          <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:IsMeeting"/>
          <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:MyResponseType"/>
          <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:RequiredAttendees"/>
          <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:OptionalAttendees"/>
          <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:StartTimeZone"/>
          <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:EndTimeZone"/>
          <ExtendedFieldURI DistinguishedPropertySetId="PublicStrings"
PropertyName="EvolutionEWSStartTimeZone" PropertyType="String"/>
          <ExtendedFieldURI DistinguishedPropertySetId="PublicStrings" PropertyName="EvolutionEWSEndTimeZone"
PropertyType="String"/>
        </AdditionalProperties>
      </messages:ItemShape>
      <messages:ItemIds>
        <ItemId
Id="AAMkAGZmODkxN2RjLWMzNDktNDI0Mi1iNjgzLTMyNzg4ZWRmNWYzOAFRAAgI1T0FdZrAAEYAAAAAjgYkCnf2gkCqA7Ac7f9x/wcA1VHrZGMLSEKK7pueII0FegAAAL5gcQAA1T2qgmrO9EGzZL19Bo4WQwHMTD0nGAAAEA=="/>
        <ItemId
Id="AAMkAGZmODkxN2RjLWMzNDktNDI0Mi1iNjgzLTMyNzg4ZWRmNWYzOAFRAAgI1VMGGSvAAEYAAAAAjgYkCnf2gkCqA7Ac7f9x/wcA1VHrZGMLSEKK7pueII0FegAAAL5gcQAA1T2qgmrO9EGzZL19Bo4WQwHMTD0nGAAAEA=="/>
        <ItemId
Id="AAMkAGZmODkxN2RjLWMzNDktNDI0Mi1iNjgzLTMyNzg4ZWRmNWYzOAFRAAgI1ZUIA97AAEYAAAAAjgYkCnf2gkCqA7Ac7f9x/wcA1VHrZGMLSEKK7pueII0FegAAAL5gcQAA1T2qgmrO9EGzZL19Bo4WQwHMTD0nGAAAEA=="/>
        <ItemId
Id="AAMkAGZmODkxN2RjLWMzNDktNDI0Mi1iNjgzLTMyNzg4ZWRmNWYzOAFRAAgI1aWIfouAAEYAAAAAjgYkCnf2gkCqA7Ac7f9x/wcA1VHrZGMLSEKK7pueII0FegAAAL5gcQAA1T2qgmrO9EGzZL19Bo4WQwHMTD0nGAAAEA=="/>
        <ItemId
Id="AAMkAGZmODkxN2RjLWMzNDktNDI0Mi1iNjgzLTMyNzg4ZWRmNWYzOAFRAAgI1cEJSwDAAEYAAAAAjgYkCnf2gkCqA7Ac7f9x/wcA1VHrZGMLSEKK7pueII0FegAAAL5gcQAA1T2qgmrO9EGzZL19Bo4WQwHMTD0nGAAAEA=="/>
        <ItemId
Id="AAMkAGZmODkxN2RjLWMzNDktNDI0Mi1iNjgzLTMyNzg4ZWRmNWYzOAFRAAgI1caJc+UAAEYAAAAAjgYkCnf2gkCqA7Ac7f9x/wcA1VHrZGMLSEKK7pueII0FegAAAL5gcQAA1T2qgmrO9EGzZL19Bo4WQwHMTD0nGAAAEA=="/>
        <ItemId
Id="AAMkAGZmODkxN2RjLWMzNDktNDI0Mi1iNjgzLTMyNzg4ZWRmNWYzOAFRAAgI1dGJxa2AAEYAAAAAjgYkCnf2gkCqA7Ac7f9x/wcA1VHrZGMLSEKK7pueII0FegAAAL5gcQAA1T2qgmrO9EGzZL19Bo4WQwHMTD0nGAAAEA=="/>
      </messages:ItemIds>
    </messages:GetItem>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

and the answer was:

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Soup-Debug-Timestamp: 1536848172
< Soup-Debug: ESoapMessage 232 (0x7fa88c022150)
< Cache-Control: private
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
< Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 14:16:11 GMT

 The response code: 200
 The response headers for message 0x7fa88c022150
 =====================
Cache-Control: private
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Some ItemIds from this request are answered with "correct" content but
others are getting this:

        <m:GetItemResponseMessage ResponseClass="Error">
          <m:MessageText>Access is denied. Check credentials and try again.</m:MessageText>
          <m:ResponseCode>ErrorAccessDenied</m:ResponseCode>
          <m:DescriptiveLinkKey>0</m:DescriptiveLinkKey>
          <m:Items/>
        </m:GetItemResponseMessage>
        <m:GetItemResponseMessage ResponseClass="Warning">
          <m:MessageText>Item was not processed as a result of a previous error.</m:MessageText>
          <m:ResponseCode>ErrorBatchProcessingStopped</m:ResponseCode>
[...]

I can sent you the request and response in question privatly if you
want to.

*Question*:

With the help of the curl commands you gave me in the past I was able
to isolate the calendar entry in question with that error:

Request is:

[...]

Ans the http answer is:

< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Cache-Control: private
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    <h:ServerVersionInfo MajorBuildNumber="235" MajorVersion="14" MinorBuildNumber="1" MinorVersion="3"
Version="Exchange2010_SP2" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types";
xmlns:h="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types";
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"/>;
  </s:Header>
  <s:Body xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>;
    <m:GetItemResponse xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages";
xmlns:t="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types";>;
      <m:ResponseMessages>
        <m:GetItemResponseMessage ResponseClass="Error">
          <m:MessageText>Access is denied. Check credentials and try again.</m:MessageText>
          <m:ResponseCode>ErrorAccessDenied</m:ResponseCode>
          <m:DescriptiveLinkKey>0</m:DescriptiveLinkKey>
          <m:Items/>
        </m:GetItemResponseMessage>
      </m:ResponseMessages>
    </m:GetItemResponse>
  </s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

Any ideas? It seems there is some entry in the calendar I am not
allowed to read, although I don't have an idea how to configure that
and if this is happening - can evolution please skip that entry which
failed and rerequest the ones the server skipped?
I wonder why evolution 3.10.4 does not bail about that.

 Thus it's some setting on the server.

As it works in evolution 3.10.4 I wonder what the server should do
wrong here, but as always I am happy to discuss that and try whatever
it needs to get to the root cause.

The
evolution-ews in 3.28.x+ shows locally cached events when it cannot
get
to the server data and turns itself in some offline-like mode.

But I never had that calendar in question added to my evolution
installation - so it should not have any cached events here.
Also asked a collegue to add the same calendar to his calendar view and
he got the same error message like me and he did not had that calendar
before.

 It's
probably invisible in the UI, because evolution-ews can connect to
the
server, it only cannot access the calendar itself (otherwise an
offline
icon would be shown beside the calendar name).

As I have pretty much "log" content from the calendar which fails for
some items in it iI think it is able to connect to the server AND the
calendar.

Your version mix is also interesting. You've installed evolution-
data-
server 3.28.3, but evolution 3.28.1. I'd expect them both being
updated
at the same time, to the same version. This version "mismatch" is
possible. The opposite would be harder to achieve.
        Bye,
        Milan

Its what I got upstream from Ubuntus bionic LTS packacking ;).

thanks for help and feedback, kind regards

Torsten