Re: [Evolution] Evolution & Gmail not working correctly

I found a few recent threads, going month to month in the archive, and
there is nothing new there, that I haven't already tried.

Configuring the accounts using Gnome online Accounts usometimes gets
around the issue.  But the underlying issue is that it's a fixed bug in
Evolution, but the fix is for 3.28.3+

updating to 3.30 from what I observed trying to figure out how,

You don't need to go to 3.30, in fact that might introduce other issues
if your underlying Gnome system is still on 3.28

 is
more complicated than it really should be and too much of a risk vs
time at the moment; one of linux's biggest problems, IMHO.  It used to
be real bad updating things, but I will admit it has gotten
tremendously better;  but it seems there are a few exceptions.

It all depends on your distro.  LTS or Enterprise versions tend not to
majorly update things for stability. But whereas most such distros are
happy to update minor versions because they are usually bug fixes,
Ubuntu, for some reason, seems to stick to the same minor version -
i.e. 3.28.1, whereas it should be on 3.28.5.

I'm afraid your best bet is to ask on the Ubuntu forums for advise on
how to get to at least 3.28.3 - there may be some repository (or
whatever they call them!) or some simple way of compiling things your
self.

P.