Re: [Evolution] Error with Links (Flatpak build)

On Wed, 2018-06-13 at 12:50 -0700, Douglas Summers wrote:
Referencing this site (https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Flatpak)

GDBus.Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop was not provided by any .service
files.

        Hi,
I've a little follow up, which is possibly useless for you, but I
thought of spreading the news this way, just in case anyone else will
search the archives and might find this information useful:

Shortly after the 3.30.0 release the Flatpak build script changed and
also some other things in the background. One of the main news is that
Evolution built as described on the Wiki page referenced above still
runs as a sandbox and uses the latest evolution-data-server D-Bus
services, but it is also able to talk to selected D-Bus services from
the host system, thus it currently integrates with GNOME Online
Accounts, it is able to show notifications and it can read/write files
from the host system using the org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop interface
(which provides also access to printers and many other parts of the
host system). To have it working, just download the Flatpak build
script and rebuild evolution from scratch (the previous build script
will not make it work this way).

It's possible I missed some D-Bus interfaces, thus in case anyone finds
an issue, just let me know (can be through [1]) and I'll add it if
possible.

There's also a chance Evolution will be added to Flathub some time
soon, but it's not decided yet. We'll see.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues/new