Re: [Evolution] Error fetching message info: unknown body response

On 11/5/18 03:30, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

Anyway, I really do not think there is anything more to do.
I politely but very strongly disagree with you on your statement.

Thunderbird and OS X Mail show all messages in the folder, failed message just has blank message body. iOS Mail will download ALL headers and then would stuck for a long time trying to get empty message contents. However it eventually downloaded all other messages contents.

I strongly believe that Evolution should adapt Thunderbird and other clients behavior: don't stop reading mailbox and leaving user dead in the water. Reporting possibly protocol violating IMAP responses is very reasonable but stopping processing otherwise perfectly readable mailbox is just plain wrong.

Josh.