Re: [Evolution] Disable Digests? [was: evolution-list Digest, Vol 156, Issue 61]

On Fri, 2018-07-27 at 20:03 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
On Sat, 2018-07-28 at 00:43 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I also note that you proposed I turn off digests for a test period to
see what happens, and I said I would wait a while in case anyone
objected. The "while" turned out to be over a year, with no
objections
from anyone, so I'm minded to go ahead. I'll wait a few days to give
people a second chance to react before I do anything, and hope I
don't
forget again :-)

poc

You may wonder why I'm not quoting your comments when replying. The
reason is that I can't. Your comments begin with a line starting with a
'-- ' (two dashes and a space). This is a universal signal to email
programs that the rest of the message is a signature, which is ignored
when quoting. What you see above is the entire quotable part of your
message, which in this case consists only of already-quoted material.

Please correct this.

To continue: I am a moderator of this list (there are three of us), and
think I know how to post an administrative advisory, thanks.

Furthermore, the content you propose states that people who don't
change their options after digest mode is turned off will no longer
receive list traffic. Although this needs to be checked, it's almost
certainly wrong. I would expect Mailman to simply ignore the digest
setting and deliver messages to everyone normally.

poc