Re: [Evolution] Disable Digests? [was: evolution-list Digest, Vol 156, Issue 61]

On Sat, 2018-07-28 at 01:09 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Hi,

I'm uncertain, if this is a good idea. Perhaps we should consider to
teach users how to use MIMI digest correctly.

MIME, not MIMI

It doesn't happen too
often, that threads broken by a wrong digest reply are send to this
list. As you could see, I replied to the last 'correct' mail of the
broken thread and quoted the content of the mail, with the broken thread
on top of my reply.

You didn't quote anything in this message.

I don't know why some subscribers prefer digest,
but since some users do, we perhaps should accept this.

I knew something was tickling the back of my mind. This topic has been
proposed before now (by me!):

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2017-March/msg00023.html

A quick re-reading of that thread shows that (as far as I can see) only
one person spoke up in favour of keeping digests (ignoring several
digressions that had nothing to do with the subject under discussion).
That was over a year ago. I note that at the time I added a Mailman
filter that in theory would trap digest replies into moderation. That
never worked (could be my fault or it could be a bug). I never looked
into it.

I also note that you proposed I turn off digests for a test period to
see what happens, and I said I would wait a while in case anyone
objected. The "while" turned out to be over a year, with no objections
from anyone, so I'm minded to go ahead. I'll wait a few days to give
people a second chance to react before I do anything, and hope I don't
forget again :-)

poc