Re: [Evolution] Connect Evolution to Exchange 2016

Hi René,

Hello,

hopefully, I'm at the right place here:

I'm trying to connect Evolution to an Exchange 2016 server.

I have that constellation up and running here.
Exchange 2016 CU10 and Evo 3.28.4 on openSUE Tumbleweed.

Adding the account in Evolution seems to work and also the folders
(including the number of unread messages) are listed. As soon as I
select a folder, I get the error:

""
Failed to refresh folder ?Exchange : Posteingang?.
The reported error was ?Authentication failed?.
""

What does the event log on your Exchange server and/or Domain Controller
say?

Attached is the output of
EWS_DEBUG=2 /usr/lib/evolution/evolution-source-registry

My system is an Ubuntu 18.04 with Evolution (including evolution-ews)
3.28.1 and libsoup2.4 2.62.1 installed.

I already tried to

 - move /usr/bin/ntlm_auth away
 - uninstall samba
 - uninstall winbind
 - install evolution-ews from master
 - install libsoup from master

I'm don't know for sure, but AFAIK there is no dependency between Evo
and samba/windbind or ntlm_auth.
Only libsoup is amongst the requirements for evo and evo-ews.

Is this already a known issue? Should Evolution work together with
Exchange 2016? What else can I do to debug the issue?

You have to look at your Exchange settings, especially the requirements
for Outlook Anywhere. You have to check the correct names of the server
you use in Evo for connection and the correct authentication method,
i.e. either "ntlm" or "negotiate".
You also have to check your AD user for permission to use Outlook on the
web under recipients in ECP.
Is Exchange under your control or do you have to ask an admin?

Thanks in any case
René

Bye.
Michael.