[Evolution] Connect Evolution to Exchange 2016

Hello,

hopefully, I'm at the right place here:

I'm trying to connect Evolution to an Exchange 2016 server.
Adding the account in Evolution seems to work and also the folders
(including the number of unread messages) are listed. As soon as I
select a folder, I get the error:

""
Failed to refresh folder “Exchange : Posteingang”.
The reported error was “Authentication failed”.
""

Attached is the output of
EWS_DEBUG=2 /usr/lib/evolution/evolution-source-registry

My system is an Ubuntu 18.04 with Evolution (including evolution-ews)
3.28.1 and libsoup2.4 2.62.1 installed.

I already tried to

 - move /usr/bin/ntlm_auth away
 - uninstall samba
 - uninstall winbind
 - install evolution-ews from master
 - install libsoup from master

Is this already a known issue? Should Evolution work together with
Exchange 2016? What else can I do to debug the issue?

Thanks in any case
René