Re: [Evolution] Alias's s are very tricky. but I *THINK* I figured it all out.

On Sat, 2018-07-14 at 12:26 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

Why is this anything to do with aliases? i.e. what do you mean by
"aliases"?  This is all just basic SMTP authorisation.

P.

What does it have to do with aliases?

I couldn't sent any email with my alias's. I kept getting an error
about sending emails anonomously.

So what I had to do was go my account settings and under sending mail
check the box that says this server requires authorization and then
fill in my main address chris cwm030 com to be able to use aliases.

I guess Evolution was trying to send emails as EvolutionEmail cwm030 co
m as if that was my main email address. When in reality that address is
not my main email address. This address is just a sub address of chris@
cwm030.com which is my main email address. And that was causing my SMTP
server to fail in sending the email

Chris