Re: [Evolution] Link opening problems.

On Sat, 2018-07-14 at 14:09 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/FbYY24r

Evolution > Help > Contents > push Ctrl+F and type π—―π—Ώπ—Όπ˜„π˜€π—²π—Ώ > Cl
ick the marked link and you get:

"Opening links in and from the web browser
Change which web browser websites are opened in
Please see the GNOME Desktop Help.
If the preferred browser is set as default application but still does
not work correctly please contact your distribution via their forum or
bug tracker.
If the error message "Could not open the link: Operation not supported"
is shown, you need to install the package gvfs.
Install gvfs"

FWIW I dislike gvfs and that's putting it mildly, hence I don't have
gvfs installed, but Evolution anyway opens links by using the desired
browser.

I can't comment on the gconf tool you used, but you could use
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2017-October/msg00110.html
to learn how to handle dconf settings by command line. However, the
issue seems to be related to KDE, so neither installing gvfs, nor dconf
settings might solve the issue, for openbox I can chose the browser by
running libfm-pref-apps.

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ man libfm-pref-apps | grep DESCRIPTION -A6
DESCRIPTION
       libfm-pref-apps  is  an application that changes preferred applications - web browser and mail client.
Those setting are appliable for programs based on libfm but should work also
       for other XDG standard compliant programs.

FILES
       ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$

Strange, if I switch between palemoon and vivaldi, those browsers don't
appear in ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list, but Evolution does
invoke palemoon or vivaldi.

Even if you shouldn't use Arch Linux, it's Wiki could be helpful, see
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xdg-utils and keep in mind
sometimes Google is your friend, too.