Re: [Evolution] How to hide "X-Mailer" and sender IP address from headers?

On Wed, 2018-01-17 at 18:40 +0200, George Anchev wrote:
I don't want to buy a VPN just no hide my IP address

There are Free VPNs out there.

 and MUA in
outgoing emails. If I send email through Gmail or Yahoo or other web
based mail - they don't reveal info about my computer.

If you are using the Web interface, then no - although it does still
have an IP address on it, but it's the web server (sort of) one.  If
you use the gmail SMTP server it will have the your IP address on it.

 So I am looking
to have the same but using Evolution. Thunderbird has a setting to
hide MUA but I don't like Thunderbird. I thought Evolution may have
some hidden setting too. Has it?

No.

If you think it is something that should be in Evolution, then submit
an enhancement request in the gnome bugzilla. (But search first to see
if it has already been requested.)

As for IP address: Yes, other people also recommended to Tor-ify the
connection. The problem is that I can't find any steps how to do it
for Evolution in particular. I have seen this link:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorifyHOWTO/EMail

which recommends:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorifyHOWTO/EMail/Thunderbird

which is for Thunderbird and still says

"Thunderbird is not safe to use with Tor (yet)!"

So I was wondering if anyone has done anything similar with Evolution
and could probably share some guide/info.

What these guides tell you how to do is to use Tor as a transparent
proxy. In other words ALL your IP traffic will flow via the Tor
network, including SMTP.  If you are looking for a simple step-by-step
guide then, to be honest, you shouldn't be doing it - it's a relatively
complex thing and if you don't know in detail what you are doing then
there is a possibility of you getting it wrong without knowing and
leaking information you think is private.

P.