Re: [Evolution] Problems accessing ATT/Yahoo IMAP Server

On Wed, 2018-08-29 at 07:37 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
Failed to connect account “Pacbell IMAP”.
The reported error was “Failed to authenticate: Source stream
returned no data”.
[imapx:S] I/O: '* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR AUTH=PLAIN
AUTH=XYMCOOKIEB64 AUTH=XOAUTH2 AUTH=OAUTHBEARER ID MOVE NAMESPACE
XYMHIGHESTMODSEQ UIDPLUS LITERAL+ CHILDREN X-MSG-EXT] IMAP4rev1
Hello'

Is it possible that ATT is throttling IMAP service till I agree?

        Hi,
it's possible. The "Source stream returned no data" usually means that
the server disconnected. I've sometimes a feeling that there's some
issue with gio streams (or even lower), because I saw similar errors
when my Internet connection or the machine had been busy, but not when
the connection is relatively free and responsive. That's only my
personal feeling, I never tried to investigate that idea further.

Note "AUTH=OAUTHBEARER". Oathbearer is the "privacy" service that
manages ATT/Yahoo's privacy requirements.

The XOAUTH2 is better and evolution(-data-server) does support it, only
not for the Yahoo! servers, because Yahoo! doesn't provide keys for the
mail service anymore. Or they didn't several months ago, when I've been
playing with it. It was sad, because I did want to enable OAuht2 for
Yahoo! servers as well (that includes also calendars and contacts, not
only mail). I didn't check any time recently, though I doubt they
changed their policy.