Re: [Evolution] Problems accessing ATT/Yahoo IMAP Server

On Wed, 2018-08-29 at 07:37 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
Problems starting yesterday morning accessing the ATT/Yahoo IMAP server at imap.mail.att.net port 993. The symptom is an error message which appears every time I click "Send / Receive" or attempt to read Pacbell IMAP->Inbox, reading:
Failed to connect account “Pacbell IMAP”.
The reported error was “Failed to authenticate: Source stream returned no data”.

Evolution was started as
$ CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution
and reports these errors on the console with each attempt to connect:
[imapx:S] I/O: '* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XYMCOOKIEB64 AUTH=XOAUTH2 AUTH=OAUTHBEARER ID MOVE NAMESPACE XYMHIGHESTMODSEQ UIDPLUS LITERAL+ CHILDREN X-MSG-EXT] IMAP4rev1 Hello'
[imapx:S] I/O: 'S00606 LOGIN ...'
[imapx:S] I/O: ''
[imapx:S] I/O: ''
[imapx:S] I/O: ''

On logging in to the ATT/Yahoo server on the web, I notice that there are new "Terms of Service", which need to be agreed to sometime, though I have been able to access the web server by clicking "Later". Is it possible that ATT is throttling IMAP service till I agree? Note "AUTH=OAUTHBEARER". Oathbearer is the "privacy" service that manages ATT/Yahoo's privacy requirements.

Evolution is 3.28.5 (3.28.5-1.fc28)
Running under Fedora-28 with all updates
KDE Frameworks 5.48.0

I talked with ATT customer support.  They recommended changing the IMAP port from 993 to 995, which made things worse: not even an error; the connection just hung.  Then changed back to port 993, clicked "Forget Password", and entered the old password again.  IMAP seems to be working for now.  Note that restarting the system (twice) didn't help.  Strange.