Re: [Evolution] ews calendar backend error - "The property has an invalid value."

On Tue, 2018-08-21 at 10:16 +0200, Torsten Krah wrote:
I sent you a private email with the link to the file where i've put
the GetItem request

        Hi,
I managed to download it, the server does something odd, because it had
been waiting with a response for approximately 14 minutes, then it
downloaded that ~19KB file in 566 KB/s, according to wget output.

the only thing which looks interesting that all ItemId nodes seems to
have the same Id.

They have different Id, but one of them, possibly a meeting invitation
or a message with an iCalendar attachment, has stored the component
with an invalid UID for some reason. I do not think there is any way to
influence this on the evolution-ews side, apart of not asking for the
calendar:UID property, but it would break other things evolution-ews
requires. I mean, it looks like a server-side issue to me, but I've no
real evidence for it.

You can find which of them is failing when you edit the getitem.xml
request and you'll limit which ItemId-s should be downloaded, until you
find the one (or more) which has (have) trouble. Then I'd remove the
"calendar:" properties from the request and re-run it, to see what
message it is. The <MimeContent> value might contain exact information,
just decode it with `base64 -d <data.txt`.

You can use curl command to issue the request against your server, just
correct the USER and PASSWORD and the server address in it:

   $ curl -v -k --user USER:PASSWORD -X POST -d @getitem.xml \
        --ntlm https://exchange.example.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx \
        --header 'Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8'

Beware of proper escaping of special/shell letters in the PASSWORD, if
you have any such in your password. Eventually use only "USER", not
"USER:PASSWORD", in which case curl will ask you to enter the password.
        Hope it helps,
        Milan