Re: [Evolution] Create a meeting without requesting a response

Please don't top post on this mailing list.

On Sun, 2018-08-12 at 16:37 +0000, Ron Smith wrote:
I can think of 100 alternative ways to do this, but it has been a
started feature in outlook/exchange forever so most companies have
built processes around it.

Most?

 Like using it as a way good individuals to announce they will be out
of office for part of the day. You send a meeting request to your
team, no alerts, marked not busy, and no reply requested.

So you are effectively using the calendaring system as a mailing list?

Evolution supports the first two features, why not the one? At least
there is a checkbox when I am accepting/declining a meeting request
that was sent to me so I can choose not to send a response. Would it
be that hard to add one when I am creating one.

If you want a feature added then you need to add it as a feature
request on Gitlab

 https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues

If you do file an issue there, could you please copy the link to the
request here so that others that search for it can find it.

And the point of the exercise is not to tell me how bad the process
is or what other processes the company could use. Most people use
outlook and the process isn't going to change. I'm trying to use
Evolution again, but there always seems to be some little sticking
point like this.

Evolution is not Outlook ...

P.