Re: [Evolution] Create a meeting without requesting a response

I can think of 100 alternative ways to do this, but it has been a started feature in outlook/exchange forever so most companies have built processes around it. Like using it as a way good individuals to announce they will be out of office for part of the day. You send a meeting request to your team, no alerts, marked not busy, and no reply requested. Evolution supports the first two features, why not the one? At least there is a checkbox when I am accepting/declining a meeting request that was sent to me so I can choose not to send a response. Would it be that hard to add one when I am creating one.

And the point of the exercise is not to tell me how bad the process is or what other processes the company could use. Most people use outlook and the process isn't going to change. I'm trying to use Evolution again, but there always seems to be some little sticking point like this.

On Aug 12, 2018 07:44, Gary C Curtin <gary curtin gmx ie> wrote:

On Sat, 2018-08-11 at 21:52 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> I don't think so.
> You could always add custom description text like "No response
> needed."

It kind of defeats the object of adding the person as an attendee if
you want to bypass the confirm/decline option. Rather just send the
person an email. :-)