Re: [Evolution] Create a meeting without requesting a response

On Sun, 2018-08-12 at 16:37 +0000, Ron Smith wrote:
I can think of 100 alternative ways to do this, but it has been a
started feature in outlook/exchange forever so most companies have
built processes around it. Like using it as a way good individuals to
announce they will be out of office for part of the day. You send a
meeting request to your team, no alerts, marked not busy, and no
reply requested. Evolution supports the first two features, why not
the one? At least there is a checkbox when I am accepting/declining a
meeting request that was sent to me so I can choose not to send a
response. Would it be that hard to add one when I am creating one.

This is specifically why modern calendaring has the ability to publish
free/busy time. A BIG feature of Exchange servers.