Re: [Evolution] How Ctrl-Alt-J is working

Hello Milan,

Hi,
it's supposed to run the Junk filter (yes, it's a filter) on the
currently selected messages regardless of the option in the account
properties. If it doesn't, then it's a bug.
I thought it was like that.
I had a lot of tests before to write here.
As I wrote also to Patrick, I can see in the log that the check is done
only if the option is selected in the account properties.
I can't test with the very last evolution version, cause I have this
fedora installation, but maybe someone can do the same tests on another
version in order to confirm my results.

Can I have the junk email marked as unread as I can understand that
have spam to be checked?

I'm afraid it's related to the fact that the messages are moved to a
different real folder. The servers can set the \Seen flag during the
move operation. To know for sure, it might need more testing.
I will check changing back to a virtual folder, to verify if it's
better to have a virtual or real folder.
I prefer a real folder because is easier to have a unique filter and to
have all messages moved to a different folder. So other clients that
access to this account can see only good messages in the inbox.

I will update with new results as soon as possible.

Tnx
 Ambrogio