[Evolution] How Ctrl-Alt-J is working

Hi all,
I'm working on junk filter with my new evolution installation (3.24.5
on Fedora 26).

I need to understand better how filters are working. I'm using
bogofilter as junk filter.

Using the debugging level CAMEL_DEBUG=junk evolution I can see that:

   1. If the IMAP account has no tick for check junk in new messages, no
      check is done (even pressing Ctrl-Alt-J)
   2. If I change the option no check is done until restarting evolution
   3. If the tick is present at start the Ctrl-Alt-J is working even for
      already present messages (as expected).
   4. If I uncheck the option, the check on new messages continues working
   5. The new incoming messages marked as junk are moved to Junk folder
      (in my case is a real folder) but is marked as read. So I can't
      understand if there is some new junk emails that I need to check for
      spammicity

So, I have 2 questions.
Can I disable the check for new junk mail but use the manual check for
junk mail when I need to do it?

Can I have the junk email marked as unread as I can understand that i
have spam to be checked?

Regards to all
 Ambrogio