Re: [Evolution] Creating calendar events from the command line

On Thu, 2017-09-07 at 18:20 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Thu, 2017-09-07 at 17:23 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I don't understand that. I have Evolution filters to sort list traffic
into folders, and the folder list will show me a count of unread
messages.

I do that too. In 138 mailing list folders there are 688,252 unread
mails. Plus the 35,564 in my inbox :)

And having the reply in your Inbox is going to make it noticeable? I
suspect your problems are beyond the capacity of a reply policy to
solve ...

My default folder view is also set to Unseen. Barring bugs, I
don't see how you can miss a reply. You don't need to remember to check
for it manually. I occasionally see replies to messages that are weeks
old and I've long forgotten about.

And that's only one of the use cases I listed. There are other users
who *never* receive the message for absolutely no fault of their own.

I'd be interested to see examples of this, other than people posting
questions *without* being on the list, but generally those who do so
are careful to mention it and ask for personal replies.

The page I linked to gave examples, with bullet points. The main ones
being other lists and subject experts who are relevant to a specific
thread but not on this particular list.

I'll take a look.

I didn't think I was cutting anyone out, and have never been told that
it was happening.

Oh you really have. I've referred you to that same document before, I'm
sure :)

No, don't think so.

poc