Re: [Evolution] Creating calendar events from the command line

On Mon, 2017-08-21 at 17:01 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Thu, 2017-08-10 at 10:38 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

A separate program can invoke Evolution to send an email, by
running

    evolution mailto:someone example com?subject=blah...

Is there a way to open and pre-populate a new meeting invitation, the
same way? I'd like to put in the initial recipients and meeting
information, then let the user finish it off and send/save it.

      Hi,
there's nothing for it, as far as I can tell. There is a URI to show
existing events/tasks/memos, or to move calendar view into certain
date, but nothing to open the component editor and prefill it with
certain values.

Thanks for the response (although yes, it really did take me this long
to notice it when you didn't actually send it to me).

Do you think it makes most sense to add a command-line option for it,
or attempt to use an EPlugin?

I'm working on a Pidgin plugin for an IM/meeting system, which can
currently allocate a meeting ID and pop up a window saying "cut and
paste *this* template with all the dialin info, and make sure you
include *these* recipients so the IM/meeting system knows about it."

Obviously I'm trying to eliminate all that cutting and pasting for the
user.

The Windows client for this system comes with an Outlook plugin;
perhaps that's the best way to do it in Evolution too? I'd have to
contrive some way to ask Pidgin for the new meeting info over D-Bus,
but I can probably work that out somehow.