Re: [Evolution] Null "Received time" filter condition

On Wed, 2017-10-04 at 12:27 -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
Attached.

        Hi,
thanks. I imported it. I also edited it and removed all Received
headers and imported it again. Thus I have two similar messages now. I
applied the filters on each of them with Ctrl+Y and I cannot confirm
your behaviour. The message with Received header (your original from
the attachment) did not hit the filter, while my edited message (no
Received header in it) did hit the filter.

My filter is very simple:

   Find items which match: [ all the following conditions ]
     [ Specific header ] [ Received ] [ does not exist ] [     ]
   Then
     [ Set Label ] [ Important ]

The 'Then' part doesn't matter. I guess, maybe, do you have multiple
conditions set and the "Find items which match" says "any of the
following conditions", instead of "all"? Eventually could any other
filter be used, as maybe your "Then" part doesn't contain "Stop
processing" (supposing no rule above this one had been applied)?

You can see what filters do with:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-filters-not-working.html.en
see the Logging Filter Actions section there.

Eventually, if you've evolution 3.26.0+, then you can also use:

   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=filters evolution

to see what they do on the terminal you run evolution from.
        Bye,
        Milan