Re: [Evolution] unable to properly use evolution with microsoft and google mail

On Monday, October 2, 2017 3:11 PM, Paul Smith <paul mad-scientist net> wrote:

On Mon, 2017-10-02 at 13:38 -0400, d18jf98rw use startmail com wrote:
Thunderbird has an option to skip saving sent messages. It comes very
handy with both microsoft and google mail which automatically save
outgoing email in appropriate folder.  Evolution is missing this
option and user is forced to save outgoing mail to local Sent to
avoid duplicate copies on microsoft and/or google IMAP server.
I'm afraid I don't understand the problem you're reporting.  I don't
use any Exchange servers (anymore, thank $DIETY), but I use the Google
IMAP server all day every day and I've never noticed duplicate messages
appearing in my Sent folder.  I've just looked again and there is only
one copy of each of my sent mails.

Can you be more specific about exactly what the problem is?

I'm using Evolution 3.22.6, and I set up my Google account using Online
Accounts.  When I configure the account in Evolution (via
"Preferences") in the Defaults tab the "Sent Messages Folder" value is
"<me>@gmail.com/[Gmail]/Sent Mail".

Confirming that. Apparently gmail somehow figured out how to fix evolution problems but hotmail hasn't yet.

I have no idea why you mentioned *Exchange servers*. I clearly indicated that I am using hotmail in *IMAP*
mode...

Josh.