Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.26.2-1 - Cannot Back up or Export Local Data or Mail

I'm on Debian Testing (Buster), using evolution with evolution-ews to
connect to an Exchange 2008 EWS server. I'm not able to back up/export local
data or mail from Evolution. I have Evolution set up on an office PC with
"Synchronize remote mail locally in all folders". All my emails are
successfully downloaded on this office PC, from which I want Back Up all the
downloaded mail data and Import into Evolution on my work laptop.

I've read a few guides online, all suggest that Evolution - File - "Back Up
Evolution Data" should backup the email data and the config files. However,
after performing the backup, the .tar.gz file is a tiny 10 kB and there are
no emails in it.

Additionally, all online guides state that local mail should be in
~/.local/share/evolution/mail, but there are no emails in that folder on my
system, the emails are actually in ~/.cache/evolution/mail. So as a
desperate last attempt, I've copied the entire cache (which contains all of
my emails) from the office PC to my work laptop in ~/.cache/evolution/mail,
but the emails are not showing up in Evolution. Then I tried to copy my
entire cache into the ~/.local/share/evolution/mail folder and they don't
show up either. If I connect to the server, Evolution downloads all my email
from scratch and does not see my copied cache, the problem is that I cannot
download 22 Gb of emails this way, I need a way to export it.

Would very much appreciate any advice anyone is able to provide. Thanks very
much for your time in advance.

Gibster

Why not take what MS has:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/webdav_101/2015/06/01/about-exchange-apis-to-backup-and-restore-data/
Better than tormenting EVO to do these things ?
--
Best,
Thomas