From: Paul Smith <paul mad-scientist net>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Subfolders under Inbox suddenly disappeared
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 11:42:02 -0400

On Sat, 2017-05-27 at 10:17 -0400, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
RE: Evolution 3.20.5 running under Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit Between the time my secretary left the past Wednesday and when she started work Friday noon (PC running all the time, APC UPS on incoming power line) Evolution lost the subfolders under Inbox.  I tried deleting renaming folders.db to folders.dbb and letting Evolution rebuild folders.db on restart, but no change, with about 4K e-mails in the Inbox that had not been sorted into subfolders.  Unfortunately, no recent full Evolution backup available.  Have checked disk partitions for errors using "Check" function on bootable CD-ROM version of Gparted and all are okay.
Thank you for the version information. Please also provide information on the type of email account: are you using POP? IMAP? Gmail? Exchange? SMTP? I'm not clear what you see. Is the Inbox folder visible but no subfolders? If so I assume you've clicked the arrow next to "Inbox" to make sure it's expanded? If the Inbox folder is visible is there any email in it? Also, check the icon at the lower-left of the Evolution window; is it "connected"? If you hover over it with your mouse does it say "Evolution is currently online"?
One other note:  The bookmarks list for Firefox was also lost.
It almost sounds like you are logged in as a different user account than before, that is not configured the same way. I can't think of a reason that only Firefox bookmarks and Evolution folders would be invisible but everything else is the same. Have you verified that you're not low on disk space? _______________________________________________ evolution-list mailing list evolution-list gnome org To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ... https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list