Re: [Evolution] [solved] Cannot get POP summary: Socket I/O timed out

On Thu, 2017-02-16 at 11:39 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Hi,

I missed one difference:

  Server:            pop.mail.yahoo.com
  Port:              995
  Encryption method: TLS on a dedicated port
  Authentication:    Password
  [ ] Check for new messages...
  [x] Leave messages on server
      Delete after [1] day(s)
      [ ] Delete expunge from local Inbox

  The two accounts that failed:
  [ ] Disable support for all POP3 extensions

  The account that works:
  [x] Disable support for all POP3 extensions

After disabling POP3 extensions for all accounts, all accounts are
working again.

Regards,
Ralf

hi

i have being  suffering the same issue 'Cannot get POP summary: Socket I/O timed
out' since a few days ago, with a domain hosted by godaddy
(and secureserver.net).

My evo has a couple of accounts which connect fine to a local smpt server (at
127.0.0.1) and a single account as above.

To be able to retrieve mails from the latter one, it seems I need to follow your
advise 'Disable support for all POP3 extensions' >>for all<< my accounts. Does
it make sense? Downloads from godaddy are still slower than it used to be.

Fedora 23
GNOME Shell 3.18.5
Evo 3.18.5.2

your comments and advises are welcome