Re: [Evolution] [solved] Cannot get POP summary: Socket I/O timed out

On Tue, 2017-03-14 at 16:30 +0100, mario chiari wrote:
i have being  suffering the same issue 'Cannot get POP summary: Socket I/O timed
out' since a few days ago, with a domain hosted by godaddy
(and secureserver.net).

My evo has a couple of accounts which connect fine to a local smpt server (at
127.0.0.1) and a single account as above.

To be able to retrieve mails from the latter one, it seems I need to follow your
advise 'Disable support for all POP3 extensions' >>for all<< my accounts. Does
it make sense? Downloads from godaddy are still slower than it used to be.

Fedora 23
GNOME Shell 3.18.5
Evo 3.18.5.2

I'll just note that Fedora 23 is EOLed, i.e. no longer supported by
Fedora. If you update your system you'll get a more recent version of
Evolution, which *might* help.

poc