Re: [Evolution] Proposal: to eliminate the digest option for the Evolution mailing list

As far as I have ever seen, those numbers in parens after each
folder bear no relationship to whether I have read the messages
or not.  Maybe this is because I mostly read them in the preview
window and don't double click on them to read them in their own
window?

The numbers should be correct - they certainly always have been for me
and I only read email in the preview pane.  There is a certain
(configurable) time delay between looking at a message and it being
marked as read, perhaps you've got that set for too long (Preferences
-> Mail Preferences -> General -> "Mark messages read after ...")

P.