Re: [Evolution] Proposal: to eliminate the digest option for the Evolution mailing list

On 2017-03-13 at 12:25 -0700, Brewster Gillett wrote:
So for example, if I fetch my current traffic, and my "Evolution"
folder shows three new
messages, and I'm too busy to tend to them at the moment, I just
ignore them; every subsequent
time I open Evolution, that reminder will still be there.

I should note this works mostly if you keep up with the list mail.
So, suppose I have 275 unread files from this mailing list. 3 new emails
arrive. On this session they will flag the folder as having received new
email (in addition of increasing the unread counter to 278), but if you
close and reopen evolution (maybe sometimes even without closing the
MUA), these will no longer be "new", so you should remember that there
was something to glance to on that folder.* You are unlikely to notice
the difference of 275 vs 278 unread mails.

* eg. you are only interested in looking at the subject of new emails,
and actually read interesting ones (while keeping unread ones marked as
not read).