Re: [Evolution] Proposal: to eliminate the digest option for the Evolution mailing list

Brewster replies:

George, I'm not sure you're fully utilizing Evolution's capabilities.
When I fire up Evolution, I see my
entire list of folders, first thing. So I don't understand your
phraseology "look in all those other folders
to see if something has arrived".  I have dozens of folders, and every
time I download my latest
email, any folder that has new arrivals  is clearly flagged, including
the *number* of new messages
that just hit that folder.  So I don't have to "look in all those
other folders" ; all I have to do is
scan the list to see which ones might have new traffic.
ewster

As far as I have ever seen, those numbers in parens after each
folder bear no relationship to whether I have read the messages
or not.  Maybe this is because I mostly read them in the preview
window and don't double click on them to read them in their own
window?  And after reading them in the preview I either delete
them or move them to a specific folder.  So everything in the
inbox is always new and everything in any other folder (except
ones I send stuff to with filters) is not new.  The lists where
I look at digests are not important enough to me to be filtered
to their own folder; those are generally for stuff I want to keep.
Very simple.
GNR