[Evolution] copy & paste oddness

Ubuntu 16.04 Evo 3.18.5.2

This only showed up in the latest version - never a problem previously.

When I copy an email address into the buffer,  it refuses to paste in any of the address fields.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone could have conceived this as an enhancement,
so would have to conclude it is a bug. I have browsed several Evo sites and have found
no mention of it.

I tested it again just now, and here turned up a curious phenomenon; I can place the cursor
squarely at the first character of the "Cc" field, visually verify that the cursor *is* there,
and when I click on "paste", the pasted string pops up at the point where the cursor
last resided before I placed it in the "Cc" box.  Not in the "Cc" box.
??

Is this perhaps a Gnome problem, rather than an Evo one? I ask because I assume cursor
behaviour is more the rule of Gnome than Evo. ??

Thanks,

Brewster

"Unless something is done -- and soon, to relieve the massive  buildup
 of excess tax receipts, the Treasury Building will explode and release
 its contents into the atmosphere, forming  an immense cloud of money...
 If the wind were to shift, the money could fall back to Earth, where
 some of it could, conceivably, wind up -- this is referred to in
 top-secret government documents as 'The Doomsday Scenario' -- back
 in the hands of taxpayers."

	Dave Barry, humor columnist, February 1999
 W. Brewster Gillett            bg fdi us            Portland, OR  USA
 Simply because you don't like to hear it, that doesn't make it untrue.