[Evolution] Evolution 3.18.5.2 doesn't show messages in folders

Hello,

a user in the Department where I work accidentally deleted configuration files like .local/share/evolution and .config/evolution on his home directory.
Then, his Evolution account was reconfigured and the deleted files were restored from a backup.
His Inbos is ok, but the messages in folders of archived emails don't appear on the screen.
The metadata is there, e.g. the list of folders appears on the left pane of Evolution, and the mbox files are in the Mail directory of his account.
Nevertheless, the messages are not shown on the right pane as any of the folders is selected.

I looked for messages until about 6 months ago on the Archives of this list, but didn't find any similar problem reported.
Any suggestion?

Thanks

      Andréa Weber