Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.18.5.2 doesn't show messages in folders

On Tue, 2017-04-18 at 13:54 -0300, Andréa Weber wrote:
The metadata is there, e.g. the list of folders appears on the left
pane of Evolution, and the mbox files are in the Mail directory of
his account.

        Hi,
I guess we talk about On This Computer/ folders, right?

Your 3.18.x is very old, though, if I recall correctly, it also uses
Maildir, not mbox. It has a different directory structure on the disk.

Anyway, the On This Computer messages are stored in
  ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/
There's a folders.db file, which contains information about "known"
messages. This information is used in the message list in UI. You can
move that file away, then the next start Evolution will recreate it
from the underlying data.

As mbox is different from Maildir it depends how you name the folders
you restored. If it was an Evolution backup file, then it should just
work, supposing you restored also from within Evolution itself
(File->Restore Evolution Data...). Otherwise, well, there are too many
options to name them all here.

I would also check the user documentation, just in case:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-cannot-see.html.en

        Bye,
        Milan