Re: [Evolution] IMAP-Account - new message count, but no messages

On Mon, 2016-09-05 at 21:27 +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
sry, no filter at all, but I must have configured something I didn't
understand completely:
The next time these mails appeared two days later (today in the
morning) in the Inbox of my Exchange account 8-(

What is really strange: I have another IMAP account, that behaves
totally different, i.e. as expected ;)

        Hi,
do you connect to the Exchange account with an IMAP protocol? I'm a bit
confused, as the subject says IMAP, while you mentioned Exchange above,
for which an evolution-ews (eventually evolution-mapi) is usually used,
because it gives you more than just e-mail. I also do not think that
the Outlook uses IMAP, depending on its version and the server version
it can use either EWS or MAPI. Each of them (including IMAP) behaves
differently.

As long as you use IMAP, and the account claims in the UI that it has
new messages, then it's some issue in the Evolution UI, not with the
server. If you know that you have new messages in the Inbox, but they
are not shown, only the folder on the left (in the folder tree)
indicates the count of new messages beside its bold name), then the
messages should be part of the local summary.

Unless it's anyhow broken. I'll quote Pete from another thread:

| If it is because Evo is retrieving things too quickly, then it might
| help to delete the cache and get it to download the mail again. (Stop
| Evolution and it's mail subprocesses and then remove the directory
| ~/.cache/evolution/mail - when Evolution is restarted it will
| recreate the directory and re-populate the cache, if you have lots
| of subfolders or a slow connection, it will take a while.)

Re-loading the local summary from the scratch should help in certain
cases.
        Bye,
        Milan