Re: [Evolution] Evolution without cache?

Hi Milan,

On Sun, 2016-10-23 at 10:41 +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
is it possible to run evolution without the cache for ews mailboxes
just like Outlook? In Outlook I can configure, whether to use an offline
cache or not. The main reason for my question is, that the evolution cache
and the "reality" in my exchange mailbox often differ, so that I have to
delete the cache files. This is escpecially true for the calendar.

      Hi,
the Outlook's "cached mode" is a different thing than what the
evolution-ews does. The Outlook's "cached mode" for example saves
events locally and uploads them to the server "when it thinks it's a
good time to do it", while evolution-ews saves immediately (or the
Outlook too, with the "cached mode" being off).

ok.

You shouldn't need to delete the evolution-ews' cache, especially not
the one for the calendar. The evolution-ews always asks the server
"what changes since _some_key_" and the server returns what was added,
what removed and what changed. The locally stored data mirrors the
server state as reported by the server. If there is some issue with not
removed calendar cache file(s)/event(s)/..., then it's a bug and should
be fixed. Similarly with other parts.

Ok, if I observe this behaviour again, I'm going to ask you for some
debugging instruction, if this is ok for you?

      Bye,
      Milan

Thx for your answer.

Bye.