[Evolution] Newbie-questions

Hi folks

using linux xubuntu 16.04

Just started using Evolution. I'd be grateful if someone could just clarify a few points for me.

- can I set the mailbox to ascending order rather than descending

- using imap. Which directory is mail and settings stored in on the PC as I would prefer to do manual backups. Not sure what others do but when one installs the next xubuntu update I want to be able to copy the directory to remote hard drive and copy it back once new install is set up.

thanks
james