Re: [Evolution] Signature placed in wrong position

On Sun, 2016-10-02 at 10:28 -0400, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
I sincerely apologize for my faulty memory.  However, if you reread my text, I did not point fingers at you
or others, but to some mail server rules (RFC?).

They aren't server rules. Servers have absolutely nothing to do with
it, as Pete had already said more than once. The RFCs that standardise
mail protocols define what is meant by a signature. The fact that some
brain-damaged MUAs ignore the definition is mainly a consequence of
Microsoft foisting their own broken model on the world instead playing
nice with everyone else. This has been going on for many years now. I
suspect if they were starting again it would be different (they aren't
quite the monopoly they once were), but it's probably too late.

I have enough e-mail accounts and friends to do some experiments.  I do believe that the results will show
that, in today's environment, especially when people are using their mobile devices as PCs, that the
signature location rule means anything.

See above. Free software such as Evolution should accommodate the
proprietary world when it doesn't break anything (e.g. the plugins for
Exchange), but not otherwise. Redefining the meaning of signature to
suit the MS world at the expense of standards compliance is a step too
far.

poc