Re: [Evolution] syncing Gmail contacts

On Fri, 2016-11-25 at 08:45 +0100, Bart Vliegen wrote:
Now I want to remove the old, non-functioning Google address
book, but I can't seem to find how. Evolution 3.12.9. Any advice?

        Hi,
there is no UI part for it, unfortunately. What you do is that you
open:
   ~/.config/evolution/sources/
then you'll find one of the .source files which references the Google
contacts and you'll move that file away (do not delete it, just in case
you'd pick a wrong one). You can search the files for the 'Google'
keyword (case insensitively), one of them will contain a line with
   [Address Book]
most likely with
   BackendName=google
I do not have any such handy right now.

All that should be done ideally with the evolution processes stopped,
especially with the evolution-source-registry.

        Bye,
        Milan