Re: [Evolution] syncing Gmail contacts

Deprecated? I thought GOA is the "latest and greatest".

On Nov 24, 2016 10:02, "Bart Vliegen" <bvliegen gmail com> wrote:
Milan Crha schreef op wo 23-11-2016 om 14:45 [+0100]:
> it looks like you didn't try to search the archives with the above URL,
> neither GNOME's bugzilla, because otherwise you'd know the answer. You
> may even get pretty good answers with "Gmail contacts", eventually
> "Google contacts" in this list archive. It's a pita to repeat it again
> and again...
>
> ...and again: Use GNOME Online Accounts (GOA), that provides OAuth2.
> You can even enable only Contacts part in GOA, and use the rest from
> within the evolution. As you do not use GNOME, just run/install
> gnome-control-center from where you can access Online Accounts.

Sorry about the pita, but I was under the impression that the use of GOA
is deprecated (as Benjamin writes in his reply). I now understand that
this depends on the functionality (contacts or calendar) and version of
Evolution. So, thanks everybody for clearing that up.

Cheers,
Bart