Re: [Evolution] syncing Gmail contacts

On Wed, 2016-11-23 at 14:23 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

Here you say use GOA, but in other posts the recommendation is to
NOT
use GOA for Gmail due to the calendar issues that occur every day
around 5pm Eastern time.

So which is it? Use GOA or not us GOA?

The OP is using an ancient version of Evolution (3.12.x) which does
not
have native OAuth2, hence contacts doesn't work. The advice for that
version of Evolution (and up to 3.16.x I believe) was to provision
accounts using GOA.

This is exactly why we always keep going on at people to tell us the
version of Evolution they are using - things change between versions,
sometimes there are significant changes, sometimes not, but unless
you
take note of the version being used it's very easy to lead people
astray.

Actually, TBH, neither was there any advice in later versions to not
use GOA because of whatever calendar problems.  It is recommended
that
you use native Evolution methods wherever possible as Evolution has
more control over them - but it is actually the Evolution
implementation of Google calendar accounts that was having problems,
not the GOA one.

P.

Right, and I always have problems with Google Calendars in Evo 3.20.5
with Fedora 24.
I read once that 3.22.5 should be somewhere in the Fedora Test
Repositories, but I never found them
Still waiting...