[Evolution] add gmail pop/imap to evolution

Dear Evolution Users,

I started to use recently evolution in my ubuntu 16:04 machine as it shows better performance than thunderbird. However it was not possible to add my gmail account to the evolution using the same entries as in thunderbird. My gmail account runs as expected in thunderbird and I could receive and send emails. However in the evolution the connection fails in password transfer. Although I get the connection to my gmail, I am not unable to log on finally using my password.

Any suggestion to overcome that issue is appreciated.

Regards

lukjar