Re: [Evolution] add gmail pop/imap to evolution

I started to use recently evolution in my ubuntu 16:04 machine as it
shows better performance than thunderbird. However it was not
possible to add my gmail account to the evolution using the same
entries as in thunderbird. My gmail account runs as expected in
thunderbird and I could receive and send emails. However in the
evolution the connection fails in password transfer. Although I get
the connection to my gmail, I am not unable to log on finally using
my password.

What version of Evolution is this (I know nothing about what "ubuntu
16:04" is).

How did you create the gmail account in Evolution?

Did you use Gnome Online Accounts? Or do it directly in Evolution?

Did you try to just set it up as an IMAP account? (Which won't work
because of the authentication that Gmail uses.)

Did you set it up as a Google account within Evolution? That may or may
not work depending on the version of Evolution you are using.

P.