Re: [Evolution] evolution 3.20.5 core dump on openSuSE Leap 42.2

Hi Milan,

[...]
it looks like there is missing some icon theme package, or something
broken with images/icons as such. There used to be gnome-icon-theme,
which later renamed to adwaita-icon-theme, which may have also its
-legacy subpackage (I do not know how on openSuSE though). Make sure
you ahe installed also the -legacy subpackage.

no, there wasn't missing anything.
I had configured (as in the openSuSE version before), that GNOME
applications should use the Oxygen icon theme.
This seemed to have caused the problem.
Inspired by your hint, I switched to the Adwaita theme and surprise,
surprise - evolution started without any problem.

Though this error usually do not trigger a crash. Could you install
debuginfo package for the evolution and run evolution under gdb, to see
where exactly it crashed, please? The command would be like this:

  $ gdb evolution --ex r --ex bt --ex q

which runs the evolution and when it stops it prints current backtrace
and then instructs gdb to quit.

I would have done that, too, but unfortunately there are no debug
packages available for evolution in openSuSE Leap 42.2 RC2 8-(

      Bye,
      Milan

Thx for your answer!

Bye.